What to Expect on your First Visit
At Apex Orthodontics, our main focus is the patients. This starts the moment you walk in the door. Beginning braces is a big commitment, and we respect your decision for wanting to improve your smile. On your first visit there are a few things we want to concentrate on.
- First and foremost we want to hear from you! What you want, what questions you have, and what you are nervous about. This information allows us to tailor an orthodontic experience that meets all of your wants and needs.
- Secondly, we want to make you comfortable in the office. We will show you around the Apex office, and introduce you to the staff and doctor, so you can get an idea of what to expect for your future appointments.
Receive a Complimentary Consultation!
Your complimentary consultation is an oppurtunity for both you and the doctor to sit down and discuss treatment options specific to your needs. During your consultation the doctor will go over a range of topics with you.
- Check your previous dental and medical history, and discuss any immediate concerns you may have.
- Take a full mouth panoramic x-ray to determine the best course of action.
- Create a personalized treatment plan based on what you want to accomplish with your braces.
- Go over the financial options, approximate treatment length, and schedule your first appointment.
What Happens Next?
Once you and the doctor have decided the best orthodontic treatment option, it’s time to get everything started. Depending on your and the office’s schedule, it may be possible to start your braces the same day as your consultation. If we aren’t able to get you in the same day, our office staff will work with you to determine the best time to schedule your next appointment. The initial installation of your braces can take anywhere from 1-2 hours, so make sure to plan accordingly for your schedule.
After you have your braces on, future appointments are typically scheduled every 4-8 weeks. These follow-up appointments are typically only 20 minutes long. We work with you to schedule appointment times that are ideal for your busy lifestyle.
Remember, during your orthodontic treatment, you do want to keep visiting your family dentist as scheduled. Your dentist can work in tandem with your orthodontic treatments to ensure your teeth stay clean and healthy.